What is Forms in WordPress?
Forms are used to facilitate feedback from visitors, and enrich the functionality of your website or blog. WordPress.org provides various form plugin to manage and build all kind of form for your websites or blog.
WordPress Form Builder Plugins
WordPress.org provides many form plugins for build and managing websites or blog, some plugins are as:
- Visual Form Builder.
- Contact Form by WPForms – Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress.
- Ninja Forms – The Easy & Powerful Forms Builder.
- Contact Form for WordPress – Ultimate Form Builder Lite etc…
These plugins are used to build and manage forms on your website or blog. So, in this article, I will discuss how you can use the Visual Form Builder plugin to create a form on your website. Before starting Form builder in WordPress, you should have to install WordPress first and then login to dashboard.
Visual Form Builder:
Visual Form Builder is a plugin that allow user to build and manage all kinds of form for your website in a single place. Building a fully functional contact form takes few minutes and you don’t have to write any PHP, CSS or HTML codes.
Features Provided By Visual Form Builder
- Easy Interface: Creating and managing your forms is as easy as clicking a button. Provide drag and drop interface, you will be able to setup and organize your forms in no time.
- Simple, logic-based anti-SPAM system.
- Upload Attachments: Easily upload multiple files through you form with File Upload field.
- Automatically stores form entries in your WordPress database.
- Manage form entries in the WordPress dashboard.
- Export entries to a CSV file.
- Send form submissions to multiple emails.
- Shortcode works on any Post or Page.
- Embed Multiple Forms on a Post/Page.
- Use your own CSS (if you want).
- Standard Fields.
- Required Fields.
- Multiple field layout options. Arrange your fields in two, three, or a mixture of columns.
For knowing more information about Visual Form Builder, visit this link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/visual-form-builder/
How to make a Form using Visual Form Builder
In this article, I will create a Contact form using Visual Form Builder, so, just follow the steps:
1. Install: First install and activate the visual form builder from plugins.
2. Add New: Once the plugin is activated you can see the Visual Form Builder in your dashboard menu. Then click on Add New form of Visual Form Builder.
3. Create a Form: Next, create the form by giving the form name, company name and email.
4. Visual Form Builder: After clicking on create form, you will get some created field (like Fieldset, Verification and submit etc…) and as well you get shortcode with an id.
5. Create Form (Contact Form): Next, add fields according to your requirements of form. In this article, I have created contact form so, I have added some fields like this. After this, copy the shortcode and save the form.
6. Add Form Page: Next, we have to add the form to our website, so click on the Add New option of Dashboard Pages options.
6.1. Add New Pages: After clicking on Add New page, add the form title and paste the shortcode that has been copied from the form page.
6.2. Publish Form Page: After adding the title and shortcode of form then publish the form.
7. After publishing the page, your form will be added to your website like this: